TWO MEN CHARGED WITH MANSLAUGHTER OF A 15 YEAR OLD WHO DIED AFTER A TAKEAWAY MEAL

1314

15 year old Megan Lee passed away around 2 months ago,after she experienced an allergic reaction to a meal she had from a takeaway called spice curry takeaway,Megan Lee passed away 2 days after consuming the meal,doctors confirmed she only passed away because of the allergic reaction to the meal.

Megan Lee had an Nut allergy,Mohammed Abdul kuddus who is 39 years of age,And Harun Rashid who is 38 years of age have both been charged with manslaughter, failing to comply with EU provisions concerning food safety and hygiene.

They both attended court last month,but have been asked again to attend court on may the 4th,until then they have been bailed.

comments on social media:

“If they were not aware of the allergy I don’t see how they can be held responsible.”

“How about parents informing of the allergy when ordering food?
These are silly charges”

Condolences to the family. This is why these so called chefs need proper training and to actually know about food.”

“[One of the men] spoke through an interpreter to confirm his name, age and address. Both men confirmed their nationality as Bangladeshi.”

It’s a sad fact that people from other countries do not take the issue of food allergies, seriously.

“People with food allergies should not eat in restaurants. I’m allergic to corn, which is in EVERYTHING, chocolate, and dairy. Its inconvenient, and hard but what we have to do to be safe.”

“I may have a different opinion here and I have a sonwith severe food allergies… I do not think that a restaurant should be held responsible for understanding something that has taken me a lot of research to understand myself… We do not eat out with him period… “